Have you challenged the status quo, Are you someone who thinks in & Out of the box and simultaneously thrives on the challenges of Packaging development. Does your career reflect achievements that talk about transforming brands through packaging? Value optimization, innovation and fresh ideas which created a positive impact!
We are looking for a well-rounded Packaging Development Head for a renowned consumer goods organization. To get the ball rolling, we need a thought leader who can look at the big picture and roll up his sleeves to deliver an enhanced experience for internal stakeholders and building capabilities of the team. Assume responsibility for the design and delivery of primary and secondary packaging for NPD and product renovation initiatives for both Foods and HPC businesses. Maintain a focus on the new packaging developments/breakthrough concepts/materials and implement emerging technologies.
The incumbent would be responsible for Quality Control, Vendor Interaction & Development, Commercial, Productivity, and budgets, Systems, Processes and Engineering. You will be a strong manager and a motivated and inspiring leader who will have ideally gained your experience in Flexible, Rigid & Bottle packaging within a large multi-site environment. You must be confident working both operationally and strategically. You would bring a new packaging format, structure to the market, developing company protocols, liaising with suppliers, sourcing componentry, and ensuring quality in the designs. You would work closely with product development, marketing, operations, purchase, and finance and other relevant functions of the business.
If you can progressively work with a maximum degree of empowerment and can be responsible for the design and development of all packaging (Primary, Secondary and Tertiary) for the Company portfolio within the aesthetic, functional, budgetary and timing objectives of the company…
- BSc/MSc Degree in Packaging Science/Engineering or Industrial/Packaging Design.
- At 15+ years’ experience in the packaging field, e.g. as a Package Development Engineer/Team Leader in Foods/FMCG industry (design agency experience is a plus).
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, understanding of consumer and business needs and their relationship with packaging decisions and project execution.
- Understanding of food packaging development process and engineering principles, including safety, product protection properties and product-packaging interactions.
- Ability to design and develop primary and secondary packaging solutions that meet consumer, brand, customer and manufacturing objectives.
- Broad packaging component knowledge and experience in rigid plastics, bottles, closures, dispensers, metallic food containers, flexible packaging and cardboard packaging.
A renowned player in food industry.